Australian Embassy
Republic of Korea
Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Updating your new passport details

If you are a holder of an Australian visa and have obtained a new passport, you will need to advise the Department of Home Affairs of your new passport details.

IMPORTANT: If you are a holder of an ETA and have obtained a new passport, you must apply for a new ETA with your new passport details.
ETA visa cannot be updated to your new passport.

Visas applied online via ImmiAccount

Clients who have applied for their visa application online via ImmiAccount should use the “Change of passport details” form available in ImmiAccount. This form can be accessed by opening your application in ImmiAccount and referring to the relevant hyperlinks in the ‘Related Links” section at right of screen. This form can be used to update details relating to an ‘In progress’ or ‘Finalised’ application in your ImmiAccount.
See: ImmiAccount

You can use the online 'Change of passport details' form to update your passport number, date of issue/expiry and issue authority/place.


Please email the following to with the title “929 - Request for new passport update”:

Note: We can accept scanned, photographed or electronically signed completed forms.

Note: The bio-detail page of your passport is the page that contains your photograph, personal details and the issue/expiry dates.

Note: If your new passport has a different English name, date of birth, or citizenship, please also include a copy of the bio-detail page of your old passport and related evidence of the change (i.e. Certificate of Name Change, Identification Certificate).

Once a new passport information is updated, you can travel to Australia on the new passport you provided. Please ensure that you have a valid visa to Australia.


Last Updated: 23/07/2018