Australian Embassy
Republic of Korea
Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Information on Superannuation Benefits

Former Temporary Resident visa holders whose visa had expired or been cancelled, and who have departed Australia, are eligible to claim the Departing Australia Superannuation Payment (DASP).

You can claim DASP by applying online with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) using their free online service. For more information about eligibility and how to apply for DASP, please visit the Australian Taxation Office website.

You can also lodge a paper application for DASP directly with your superannuation fund. If you lodge a paper application, you will be required to provide a Certification of Immigration Status.

Information on accessing superannuation benefits can be found from the department’s website. 
See: Accessing Superannuation Benefits – Former Temporary Residents 

Certification of Immigration Status

Certification of Immigration Status provides information that your Temporary Resident visa has ceased to be in effect and that you have left Australia.

If you require a Certification of Immigration Status, please complete the relevant questions in Form 1194 Certification of Immigration Status and/or request to cancel a Temporary Resident visa and send it to the department by:

  • email:
  • postal mail:
    Certification of Immigration Status
    Department of Home Affairs
    GPO Box 1496
    Hobart TAS 7001
  • fax: +61 3 6281 9453

See: Form 1194 Certification of Immigration Status and/or request to cancel a Temporary Resident visa

There is a charge for the request of Certification of Immigration Status.
See: Fees and charges for visas > Other > Certificate of Status

Visa Cancellation

If you require cancellation of your current Temporary Resident visa to apply for superannuation benefit, please refer to Visa Cancellation for further information.
See: Visa Cancellation

For further information about applying for Certification of Immigration Status or about requesting cancellation of your Temporary Resident visa, please contact the department.


Last Updated: 10/12/2018