Australian Embassy
Republic of Korea
Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Visa Cancellation

Temporary Resident Visa Cancellation

Temporary Resident visas include Student visa, Working Holiday visa, Temporary Work (Skilled) visas etc.

Visa cancellation to claim a superannuation benefit or for other personal reasons

If you applied for your Temporary Resident visa online through ImmiAccount, and you wish to cancel your temporary resident visa to claim a Superannuation Benefit or for other personal reasons, you should submit your request for cancellation through ImmiAccount.

To do this:

  • Login to ImmiAccount (
  • Click ‘My application summary’ and search by TRN number
  • Click ‘Update us’ and use the link ‘Request to cancel a temporary resident visa’

Before requesting cancellation of your temporary visa, please be aware of the following:

  • There is no need to cancel your temporary resident visa if you are intending to apply for a subsequent visa. A new visa (other than an ETA) will generally cease any other visa held and come into effect as soon as it is granted.
  • Student visa holders who have ceased or deferred studies are not required to cancel their visas. As long as the education provider has been informed of the intention to cease or defer studies, a student visa can be left to expire.
  • If you wish to have your student visa cancelled to apply for an ETA, you can instead apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600). The grant of a Visitor visa (subclass 600) will automatically cease a Student visa.
    See: Visitor visa (subclass 600)


Permanent Resident Visa Cancellation

Australian Permanent Resident visa holders cannot request to cancel his/her visa.


Last Updated 01/12/2017