Child Passport application (5-years validity)
Please note that Passport appointment bookings are required for all in person passport applications.
Child Passport Renewal for & First Australian Child Passport application for
✔Applicants aged 16-17 should attend the passport interview with parent(s).
✔Applicants aged under 16 do not have to attend the passport interview.
✔Applicants aged 10 and above should sign the section 18 "Signature to go in the passport".
✔Child renewal applications (excluding 16-17years old) can be lodged via mail-in applications. Click here for more information.
1. Application form (Application for an Australian Passport - Overseas)
Please complete the application form from the Australian Passport Office website.
- Australian Passport Website: http://www.passports.gov.au (Note: You will need to create an account before you commence the process.)
- Follow the steps & Complete each questionnaires
- Print at the final stage
Note: Application form containing significant alterations and a large amount of white-out is not acceptable. No alterations can be made to any signatures on the application form.
2. Photos - One photo needs to be correctly endorsed by guarantor
Please check the photo guidelines and advise your photographer.
A guarantor has to sign section 11 of the application and endorse the back of “one” passport photo by writing 'This is a true photo of (the child’s full name)' and signing in black pen.
· must be an adult Australian citizen (unless you’re applying overseas) who has known the child for more than a year (or, if the child is less than a year old, since the child was born)
· cannot be related in any way to the child or to a person who has parental responsibility for the child, or in a de facto relationship with a person who has parental responsibility, or living at the same address as the child or a person with parental responsibility.
If you’re applying overseas, the guarantor can be someone with a current Australian passport, or a person of any nationality who’s employed in an approved occupational group.
Note: Photographs should not be photo-shopped, altered or re-touched.
Photographs taken with digital cameras must be high quality colour and printed on photo quality paper; poor quality photograph will be rejected.
3. Current Passport only for Child Passport Renewal
4. Proof of Australian Citizenship
♟Applicant born in Australia:
♟Applicant born in Korea or Overseas:
☞Original Overseas Birth Certificate;
- Birth Certificate issued by the local hospital in the Republic of Korea (in English)
- English Certificate of Family Relations of the Republic of Korea
From 27 December 2019, the Korean government commenced to issue the English Certificate of Family Relations.
This document can be issued at the nearest Community Services Centre/Gu Office or http://efamily.scourt.go.kr)
- Combination of translated/certified Basic Certificate and Family relations certificate of the Republic of Korea
For those who are not eligible to get an English Certificate of Family Relations of the Republic of Korea
5. Lodging parent's proof of identification
The passport application must be lodged in person by one of the person with parental responsibility.
The person lodging the application is required to submit a proof of identification and this must show the name, photo, current address and signature. If the identification is in a foreign language, translation of the identification is not required. When one parent is in Australia or overseas he/she needs to visit a nearest Australian Mission, Australian Passport Office or Australian Post Office to complete the consent form with their valid identification. The completed form and a certified copy of the identification are required to send to the Embassy directly from the office and not by the individual.
Fees apply for all services. Fees are only accepted by credit card or debit card.