Welcome to the website of the Australian Embassy in the Republic of Korea
For Australians travelling in or to South Korea
For Australians travelling in South Korea or planning to travel to South Korea, please refer to the Australian Government’s Smartraveller website for latest news and information related to your trip. Travel advice is reviewed and updated regularly.
Consular, Passport and Notarial Services
Appointments for passport applications or notarial services are available between the hours of 9:00~12:00 a.m. and 1:30~4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday in Australian Embassy, Seoul. The Embassy holiday is advised on here.
We also provide mailed-in applications for certain types of services. Please check the requirements for services via mail.
If the Embassy is closed, please contact our Consular Emergency Centre: +61 2 6261 3305 if you have an urgent request.
Visa and Citizenship Information
Visa and citizenship applications are managed by the Department of Home Affairs. Embassy staff are unable to assist with visa or citizenship enquiries.
For information on visa and citizenship services, including how to make enquiries, please click here.
If you require additional information, you may telephone the Global Service Centre (GSC) on +61 2 6196 0196, Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm your local time.
Latest News and Events
- [Job Vacancy] Property Officer - please click THIS for Embassy application form
- [Media release] Ambassador to the Republic of Korea | Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs (foreignminister.gov.au)
- Latitude Financial Services data breach
- Embassy Statement on recent Itaewon Incident
- Foreign Minister's Press Release: Grants announced to strengthen North Asia relations
- Insights - Connecting Australian business to the world
- Release of Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Utilisation Study