Fees are only accepted by credit card or debit card.
The following passport fees increased on 1 January 2019.
• 10-year passport for persons aged 16 and over AUD293 [*AUD 425/AUD357]
• 5-year passport for children under 16 years and persons aged 75 and over AUD148 [*AUD 212/AUD280]
• Emergency passports AUD184
*Please note there is an overseas surcharge with all application submitted outside Australia - Adult and Senior AUD 132 & Minor AUD 64
Further information can be obtained on the Australian Passports Office Website.
Please be aware the following applies from 1 January 2016:
- 10 year validity passports for 16 and 17 year olds. Both the child and a parent will be required to attend the appointment and the parental consent page must be completed.
- Lost/stolen fees will be removed. Instead frequent losers of passports will have their passport validity reduced.
Passport appointment bookings are required for all passport applications. Appointments can be booked here. Appointments are not required for passport collections or enquiries and to avoid waiting we suggest you visit the Embassy in the afternoon during business hours. Appointments are also required for all notarial services. If you have difficulties booking an appointment online, please contact the consular section at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +82 2 2003 0100.
More information about Australian passport applications can be found at www.passports.gov.au
The Australian Passport Office has a series of videos about apply for and using an Australian passport. The videos are available for viewing at the following link: www.youtube.com/playlist