Welcome to the website of the Australian Embassy in the Republic of Korea
For Australians travelling in or to South Korea
For Australians travelling in South Korea or planning to travel to South Korea, please refer to the Australian Government’s Smartraveller website for latest news and information related to your trip. Travel advice is reviewed and updated regularly. We also strongly advise you to register yourself with our Embassy or Consulate through the self-registration portal.
For international visitors travelling to Australia
For international travellers travelling to Australia, please be aware that Australia has closed its borders to all non-citizens and non-residents. Exemptions are available for Australian citizens, permanent residents and their immediate family, including spouses, legal guardians and dependants.
For Australians planning to return or for international travellers planning on to travel to Australia
Please visit the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs website for the latest advice in relation to travelling to Australia and for further information on the Australian government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) isolation requirements. Further information about each State and Territory’s requirements can be found here.
Consular, passport and notarial services
Appointments for passport applications or notarial services are available between the hours of 9:00~12:00 a.m. and 1:30~4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday in Australian Embassy, Seoul. The Embassy holiday is advised on here .
If the Embassy is closed, please contact our Consular Emergency Centre: +61 2 6261 3305 if you have an urgent request.
Visa and Citizenship Information
For information on our visa and Australian citizenship services, please click here.
Latest News and Events
- [Job Vacancy] Administration Officer (Defence) - please submit Embassy application form
- [Job Vacancy] Education Officer - please submit Embassy application form
- [Media release] Australia-ROK 60th Anniversary Logo (5 Mar 2021)
- [Media release] Australia-ROK Senior Officials Policy Dialogue (25 Feb 2021)
- [Media release] New Australian Ambassador to the Republic of Korea (17 Dec 2020)
- Information about the bushfires in Australia
- Insights - Connecting Australian business to the world
- Business Envoy October 2018 - Korea edition
- Release of Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Utilisation Study
- [Publication] – Partnering with Australia on Innovation Science and Research (May 2020)
Services for Australians
- Australian Passports Services
- Notarial Services
- Notarial Services by Mail (Apostille/Authentication/Certified copy only)
The 2017 Foreign Policy White Paper